College of Allied Health Professions

Welcome new PT faculty: Mike Wellsandt

Mike Wellsandt

Assistant professor Mike Wellsandt, PT, DPT, OCS, recently joined our Division of Physical Therapy Education faculty. Here’s more about Mike in his own words:

I grew up in Diller, NE, and am a 2009 graduate of UNMC’s Doctor of Physical Therapy program. After working as a contract physical therapist throughout the western United States, I completed an orthopedic residency program at the University of Delaware in 2015 and subsequently obtained my Orthopedic Clinical Specialist certification. Since relocating back to Nebraska, I’ve assisted with the Division of Physical Therapy Education as a lab assistant for musculoskeletal courses and served as a clinical instructor for UNMC students.

My passion for teaching, clinical education, and outpatient sports and orthopedic physical therapy led me to pursuing this position. I’m excited to be a part of the Division of Physical Therapy Education and College of Allied Health Professions, and I look forward to helping our program grow.

My wife, Liz, and I live in Omaha, NE, with our 3 children, Charlie (5), Henry (3), and Rae (2). In my free time I enjoy being outdoors, attending concerts, working on DIY projects, and cheering on the Huskers.