UNMC_Acronym_Vert_sm_4c
University of Nebraska Medical Center

Welcome new faculty: Stacie Christensen

Stacie Christensen, PT, DPT, recently joined our Division of Physical Therapy Education as assistant professor. Here’s more about Stacie in her own words:

I grew up in rural Nebraska always knowing I wanted to go into healthcare. After spending hours upon hours shadowing the health professions, I decided physical therapy was the perfect fit. I received my undergraduate degree from Chadron State College in 2006, before moving to Omaha to attend UNMC, where I received my DPT in 2008.

My husband and I relocated to Kearney immediately after graduation, where I have worked in the inpatient rehabilitation and acute care/hospital setting for the past 11 years. I’ve always loved teaching and have served as a clinical instructor to many students beginning shortly after graduation. When the PT program extended to the Kearney campus I was able to spend time in the classroom as a clinical lab assistant where my passion for teaching continued to grow. I’m very excited to be a part of the UNMC PT division team and share my love of the profession with many future therapists.

In our spare time, my husband and I enjoy camping and outdoor time with our three boys. In the summer we spend many weekends at the lake and during the school year you will find us cheering them on at their various athletic events across the region.

1 comment

1. Jed Droge says:

Great hire!