Welcome new staff: Dan Spellman

In June, Dan Spellman, BS, came to the CAHP as the Classroom/Events Technologist II at the Health Sciences Education Complex in Kearney. He spent the previous 15 years working in the Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP) industry and in total has been in the IT industry for over 25 years.

In his own words:
“During my IT career, I had the joys of starting and operating several of my own businesses. I have been married for 25 years and have three girls, who are all young amazing women (two at UNL and one in high school). I am a true GEEK at heart and love tech gadgets and gear. As a hobby, I fly drones and have my FAA UAS Pilots license. I also enjoy hunting with my two English Springer Spaniels during upland bird seasons as well as deer hunting (archery and rifle). I am a member of Kearney Whitewater Association and thus love to go kayaking when the opportunity arises.

In the fall of 2018, I’ll begin my Masters in Health Professions Teaching and Technology. I look forward to using those skills to further CAHP/UNMC programs and provide top-level support and growth.”

Great to have you, Dan!

1 comment

1. Greg Karst says:

Dan, it’s great to have someone with your expertise and experience on board at the HSEC. I look forward to working with you in furthering our use of educational technology.