College of Allied Health Professions

Welcome new faculty: Carey Wheelhouse

Carey Wheelhouse

Carey Wheelhouse, MPAS, PA-C, recently joined our physician assistant faculty as clinical director. Here’s more about Carey in her own words:

“In 2011, I graduated with a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies from the University of South Dakota, which is located in my hometown of Vermillion, SD.  After graduating, I spent four years practicing in General Orthopedic Surgery at the Mason City Clinic in Mason City, IA.  I also spent two years practicing at Mercy Health Orthopedics in Crestview Hills, KY.

Throughout my career as a Physician Assistant, I have enjoyed teaching opportunities for healthcare professionals, students, and patients. Additionally, I have sought out community volunteer opportunities, including serving as a One to One Reading Mentor.

I recently relocated to Omaha with my husband, two sons, and dog. I am excited to return to the Midwest and join the UNMC Division of Physician Assistant Education.”

Welcome to the CAHP, Carey!