UNMC_Acronym_Vert_sm_4c
University of Nebraska Medical Center

Welcome new faculty: Wayne Mathews

Wayne Mathews, MS, PA-C, DFAAPA, is one of our new faculty joining the Physician Assistant Program as Associate Professor and Associate Program Director. He previously served as a faculty member with Southern Illinois School of Medicine and Physician Assistant Program for 17 years. He has 20 years of experience in Emergency Medicine, and has earned a CAQ (Certificate of Added Qualification) in Emergency Medicine through NCCPA. He is a graduate of our PA Program, and the University of Illinois, studying Epidemiology.

In his own words:
“I have enjoyed the varied experience over the years I have as a PA, ranging from practicing in Emergency rooms to serving as a Chief Operating Officer of Nebraska Regional Center, but my passion is in teaching PA students. Inevitably, I always learn from the students as I teach them. I am excited to be back at the program I graduated from, and I know I am part of a world class program of excellence.”

Some facts about me:
Married for 36 years to my best friend, Pat, with four married sons.
Favorite hobbies: reading almost anything, spending time outdoors and with family, running, hunting, kayaking.
Favorite books:  the Psalms of the Bible, almost any Cormac McCarthy or Flannery O’Connor
Favorite vacation spot: Door County, Wisconsin

Glad to have you in the College, Wayne!

1 comment

1. Michael Huckabee says:

Wayne brings talent and experience from his 35 years as a PA that makes him an invaluable player already for our team. Welcome!