UNMC_Acronym_Vert_sm_4c
University of Nebraska Medical Center

We welcome Mia Hyde to the CAHP!

Mia Hyde, MPAS, PA-C, recently joined our faculty in the physician assistant program. Here’s  more about Mia in  her own words:

“Although born in California, I was raised primarily in Blue Hill, Nebraska. I graduated from undergraduate school in Kearney, NE and attended the Wichita State University PA Program where I earned my BS degree. I then earned my Master of PA Studies through the UNMC Distance Learning Program in 2000.

I have practiced as a Primary Care PA since my graduation, starting in Gothenburg, NE and working my way east to Kearney, NE. I was employed by Good Samaritan Health Systems to serve their outreach clinic sites in rural areas for 5 years. And then moved to Grand Island, NE where I worked in a Family Practice solo physician clinic for the last 16 years.

I am very excited to take on this new role as a PA educator and look forward to working side by side with our students and future providers.

In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my children, coaching girls’ basketball and taking part in outdoor activities.”

Welcome to the CAHP, Mia!

1 comment

1. Michael Huckabee says:

Mia’s extensive experience in rural primary care includes many years serving patients in satellite clinics across the state. We look forward to capitalizing on her depth and breadth of experience for the benefit of our students and program. Welcome, Mia!