One of Dr. Pat Leuschen’s former students, Cerise Elliott, Ph.D., who recently delivered a presentation for the SAHP Research Seminar Series, is a research program analyst at the National Institute of Aging (NIA) and was instrumental in bringing their regional conference to Omaha.
The NIA will sponsor a regional meeting at UNMC on Thursday, April 8 designed to highlight grant support mechanisms and new science initiative. Presenters at the meeting will include:
- Marie Bernard, M.D., deputy director of the NIA;
- J. Taylor Harden, Ph.D., assistant to the director for special populations;
- Robin Barr, D.Phil., director of extramural activities;
- Sidney Stahl, Ph.D., chief of the Individual Behavioral Processes Branch; and
- Steven Snyder, Ph.D., deputy director of the Division of Neuroscience.