Students now have more freedom in the library to scribble, doodle, and notate. Just in time for the start of school, five rolling white boards are ready for student use. The boards stand over four feet high and offer 1900 square inches of writing space.
While the library is assessing its space (you’ll notice all of our books and journals have been compressed to the stacks on 7th floor), these white boards afford flex space opportunities for students to turn exposed carrels and tables into private study spaces.
Three times larger than the boards that used to be available in the study rooms, these new boards are ideal for group study sessions as well.
So go ahead, roll them around to your favorite library nook or cranny. This is one study buddy you can rely on to help keep you organized this year.
By Dawn Wilson
AccessMedicine content is now available via a downloadable app for Apple and Android phones and tablets.
To get access to the app:
- Log in to AccessMedicine on a desktop or laptop computer via the library’s website (find the link under Quick Links –> Clinical Resources.
- Create a My Access account by clicking on the icon located on the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Download the app from your device’s app store and use your My Access account logon information to access content.
- Log in to your My Access account from a desktop or laptop computer every 90 days to retain access to the app.
AccessMedicine is available to all UNMC faculty, staff, and students. The other Access products are available via the mobile web.
Search across all of the library’s ‘Access’ products in one place on mhmedical.com!
MHMedical.com now serves as a centralized location for many of the new and enhanced features of AccessMedicine, AccessPharmacy, AccessSurgery, AccessEmergencyMedicine, and OMMBID. .
Here are some of the exciting features you will find on mhmedical.com:
- Responsive Design for Mobile – The browser automatically adapts to the device being used, ensuring a great viewing experience no matter what device is used.
- Federated Search – The library’s subscriptions to AccessMedicine, AccessPharmacy, AccessSurgery, AccessEmergencyMedicine, and OMMBID are organized into one federated collection, eliminating the need to search individual sites. Finding information from all the library’s subscribed ‘Access’ titles, including Harrison’s Online, CMDT, Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery, Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine, Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, and more will be easier and faster, giving you more time to dedicate to patients, research, or studies.
- Log In Remotely Using Just Your ‘My Access’ Account – No VPNs or extra logins required! Simply create a My Access account while logged in to your institutional subscription to access content whenever and wherever you are. Access saved images and care plans across all subscribed AccessProducts using your My Access account.