Gearhart accepts new role as Ambulatory Supervisor in Department of Psychiatry

Phoebe Gearhart, RN, has been named Ambulatory Supervisor for the Department of Psychiatry. In Gearhart’s new role, she will provide direct supervision to the nursing staff, primary care technicians (PCT), medical schedulers, and Behavioral Health Connection staff. 

“This position excited me as it is an opportunity to work with our team to help people grow in the department,” Gearhart said. “It allows me to help our teams strengthen and grow and allow me to understand our clinical staff’s strengths and skills.”

Gearhart started as a registered nurse at Nebraska Medicine in December 2015. She was promoted to Nurse Lead within the Department of Psychiatry outpatient clinic in August 2018.  That same year, Gearhart was named a 40 Under 40 Nursing Leader.

“This promotion is testament to Phoebe’s outstanding leadership and her creative approach to problem-solving,” said Dr. Howard Liu, Chair of the Department of Psychiatry.

In 2020, as the psychiatry department has grown, there have been many hires to the clinical staff. In Gearhart’s new role as a supervisor, she has tried to meet with the new team – not an easy task during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

“It is exciting how much our department has expanded, and I look forward to learning about our new staff’s skills that they are bringing to our team. Everyone has been through many new challenges and changes since COVID-19 has emerged, and everyone has accepted this new change in roles with much outreach of support. I believe the transition itself has been relatively smooth, but I attribute this to the wonderful staff and leadership,” Gearhart said.

Gearhart sits on several department committees that deal with clinical, education, and service priorities at UNMC.

“Phoebe’s promotion is much deserved, and I know she will do a fabulous job,” said Maggie Milner, BSN, MSW, Clinic Manager for the Department of Psychiatry.

Sharing is caring!