The Writing Center@UNMC will return to campus on August 22. The center is staffed by the UNO Writing Center on Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 2 p.m. until 7 p.m.
Students, faculty, and staff are welcome to work with a writing consultant on any writing project. This free service is appropriate for writing assignments, application essays, business letters, or other projects. Please see The Writing Center site for more information and to book an appointment. Distance appointments are also available. The Writing Center@UNMC is sponsored by Academic Affairs.
Beginning February 16, the library’s Interlibrary Loan system will be connected to the UNMC Net ID service. UNMC.edu users will be able to log in to their Interlibrary Loan accounts with their UNMC username and password. This change is being made to improve security and ease of access.
- Current UNMC users who have a username that was not their UNMC Net ID username will have their accounts converted to their UNMC username. Files and history will remain available.
- Current UNMC users whose Interlibrary Loan username is their UNMC Net ID username will now use their Net ID password.
- All new UNMC users can simply log in to the system with their UNMC Net ID and password to begin the registration process.
- If you are ordering for someone else and that proxy account is no longer accessible to you, please create a new account, but do not use the person’s UNMC username. A suggested username would be “proxyjohndoe.”
- If you do not have a UNMC email account, such as Nebraska Medicine or Children’s Hospital, any existing logon information remains unchanged.
If you have questions or issues, please email email@example.com or call 402-559-7085.
Beginning fall 2017, the McGoogan Library of Medicine is enabling patrons to view their accounts online. When you look up items in the library’s catalog, there is a Login button in the upper right hand corner. If you have checked out library item(s) previously, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-559-4006 and request a PIN.
Once you have a PIN, you can view items you have checked out and request a renewal of your item(s).
Please note: If you have never checked out an item from the library, you will need to come in person with your UNMC photo ID. We will create an account for you.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or call 402-559-4006.
Now through May 5, McGoogan Library is expanding its in-person librarian office hours across the UNMC Omaha campus. All faculty, staff, and students can visit librarians at the following locations and receive immediate help with using library resources and searching for the evidence.
College of Allied Health Professions: Wednesdays, 9:30-11am, 2nd floor Sorrell Atrium across from the convenience store
College of Medicine: Wednesdays, 9:30-11am, 2nd floor Sorrell Atrium across from the convenience store
College of Nursing: Tuesdays, 11am-1pm, College of Nursing Science Building, 3rd floor atrium
College of Pharmacy: Wednesdays, 9:30-11am, 2nd floor Sorrell Atrium across from the convenience store
College of Public Health: Tuesdays, 3-5pm, 2nd floor front lobby of the COPH
Research: Thursdays, 10am-Noon, DRC Commons
The Writing Center is closed for Winter break and will re-open Wednesday January 11th. For more information about the Writing Center, visit the Writing Center website.