Welcome new faculty: Rachel Lietka

Rachel Lietka portrait

Rachel Lietka, MMN, RDN, LMNT, CNSC, is a new assistant professor in our medical nutrition program in Kearney. Here’s more about Rachel in her own words:

I was born and raised in McCook, Nebraska. I began my undergraduate journey at UNK but transferred when I discovered there was no dietetics program at the time. I completed my degree at Kansas State (EMAW!) before returning to Nebraska for my dietetic internship at UNMC in 2017. I graduated with my master’s in 2019 and worked at Nebraska Medicine for a few years before deciding to move closer to family. My husband and I relocated to Kearney, where I worked at the Central Nebraska Veterans Home and, more recently, at Kearney Regional Medical Center.

I’ve had the privilege of serving as a preceptor for dietetic interns at both Nebraska Medicine and Kearney Regional. Mentoring future dietitians has always been a passion of mine, and when the chance arose to contribute to both the profession and rural Nebraska, I was thrilled.

When I’m not on campus or working at KRMC, I enjoy spending time with my husband and our two boys. We love all things outdoors and probably spend too much time at Cabela’s and Tractor Supply. I also love reading (currently reading Good Inside), baking sourdough bread, listening to Forrest Frank, and working out!