Welcome new faculty: Halle Mallard, PhD

Halle Mallard, PhD

Halle Mallard, PhD, is a new assistant professor in the Department of Allied Health Professions Education, Research, & Practice. Here’s more about Halle in her own words:

I am originally from South Dakota, and my husband and I moved to Omaha in 2016 so I could attend UNMC. We have a one-year-old son and our family loves calling Omaha home! In my free time I enjoy traveling, making music (I play both violin and trumpet), and baking. Like many, I established a sourdough starter during the pandemic, and I enjoy experimenting with new recipes.

At UNMC, I trained under the mentorship of Dr. Gargi Ghosal, PhD, studying how Ewing sarcoma (bone cancer) cells evade cell death. Additionally, as a student of the Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology Anatomy Teaching Track program, I gained experience teaching gross anatomy, neuroanatomy, and histology during this time. Every day is my favorite day in the anatomy lab, and I am excited to share my passion with CAHP students!