Welcome new staff: Emily Wiley

Emily Wiley, BS, recently joined the staff of our Medical Laboratory Science program. Here’s more about Emily in her own words:

I am originally from a suburb of Chicago and moved to Omaha after graduating from the University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign with a Bachelor’s in Integrative Biology. I spent eight years working for the Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium and worked with several of the animal collections that the zoo houses. I still miss my orangutan and elephant friends. In 2018, I accepted a position with the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services as a Canine Corporal and worked with Narcotic dogs in the state prison system. I also held positions with NDCS managing non-clinical programming for the Omaha Correctional Center, and most recently as a Training Specialist with the new hires, overseeing their 6-week onboarding process.

I enjoy spending time with my fiancé, stepson, and houseful of companion animals. I am passionate about conservation and sustainability in my home, and community; last year, my stepson and I started planting native butterfly plants that we received through the Nebraska Monarch Project. I still have my K9 partner, Becca, and we enjoy spending time hiking, playing ball on river sandbars, and are learning the sport of Barn Hunt.

I’m excited to start with the College of Applied Health Professions as the Office Associate II for the Medical Laboratory Science Department. I look forward to learning and growing with the team.