College of Allied Health Professions

Welcome new staff: Carly Wacker

Carly Wacker. University of Nebraska Medical Center portrait taken on Thursday, March 31, 2022.

Carly Wacker, BA, recently joined our staff in the Division of Occupational Therapy Education. Here’s more about Carly in her own words:

I was born and raised in Wayne, NE, and attended college at SUNY Buffalo in Buffalo, NY where I received my Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature. I have spent the last seven years in nonprofit focusing on education equity and access, in both program management and recruitment and training. I’m passionate about providing access for all and growing opportunities for our community. I am currently the Rising Leaders Institute Board Chair for the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Greater Omaha, where we promote an inclusive nonprofit sector that supports development of young professionals.

I enjoy spending time with my partner, our daughter, Isla, and our two Great Pyrenees. In my spare time, I’m usually brainstorming a new home project or planning our next family trip. I like to travel, camp, and introduce my daughter to new adventures.

I’m so excited to start this journey and join the College of Allied Health Professions as the Education Program Coordinator II for Occupational Therapy Education. I look forward to learning and growing with the team!