Welcome new faculty: Jannelle Reynolds

Jannelle Reynolds, MPAS, PA-C, is a new faculty member in the division of physician assistant (PA) education in Kearney. Here’s more about Jannelle in her own words:

“I grew up in Loveland Colorado and obtained my bachelor’s degree in Health and Exercise Science in the neighboring town of Fort Collins at Colorado State University. It was here I found both my passion for medicine and for spending time outdoors. I have always loved experiencing new things and decided to pursue my PA education in Oakland California at Samuel Merritt University. I thoroughly enjoyed the education process and knew that I would love to teach at some point. After graduation in 2010 with a Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies, I relocated to Hays Kansas where my husband’s family were located and began practicing at Hays Medical Center in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. There were no openings at the only hospital in town when I moved, but they graciously created a position for me in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. It initially wasn’t my first option but I soon found that I loved the balance and challenge of working in both clinic and surgery.

My husband and I moved to Kearney at the opportunity for me to spread my love of the PA profession to future generations. I am truly honored and excited to be a part of UNMC and look forward to helping develop excellent PAs.

In my off time, I enjoy cooking, trying new foods, traveling, reading and being outdoors. I have traveled to many different countries but have yet to cure my travel bug. I continue to want to explore new cultures and new ways of life.”

Welcome to the CAHP, Jannelle!

1 comment

1. Greg Karst says:

Welcome to the CAHP and UNMC! It’s great that you have joined the PA faculty at the Health Science Education Complex in Kearney. There are many great opportunities for you to pursue… best wishes on that pursuit.