RSTE students and faculty made a good showing again at the 85th Annual Nebraska Society of Radiologic Technologists Annual Conference in Gering, NE.
Tanya Custer, Christina Gregg, Kim Michael & Jim Temme attended, along with all of the senior radiography students and 10 junior radiography students.
- Tanya Custer, Christina Gregg, and Kim Michael presented a lecture titled Medical Imaging of the Transgender Patient.
- Jim Temme presented a Q & A session on behalf of the Nebraska Medical Radiography Board. Jim also served as the Awards & Trophies coordinator for the conference.
Board Member Elections
- Stephen Baker, current Radiation Therapy Student & NSRT Student Representative, was elected as Nominations Chair for the 2016-2017 year.
- Christina Gregg has served on the NSRT board for the past year (2015-2016) as Vice President & was re-elected in the position for the upcoming year.
- Tanya Custer has served as President Elect for the past year (2015-2016), and also served as the student bowl coordinator. She was installed as President at the conference for the 2016-2017 year. The conference was, once again, very successful for the students and faculty; the following is a list of honors and awards received.
UNMC NSRT Student Board Representatives were honored:
Bailey Adair (DMS), Nolan Vasa (RT), Stephen Baker (RTT), Nate Deeds (CVIT), Samantha Gohr (MRI)
Registered Technologist/Full time student scientific essay competition winners:
First Place – Jessica Heithoff (MRI), “Chiari Malformation: A Literature Review”
Second Place – Morganne Cernik (MRI), “Breast Cancer: Diagnosing, Treating and Monitoring the Disease with Imaging Modalities”
Third Place – Samantha Gohr (MRI), “Ewing’s – Not Your Typical Sarcoma”
Student scientific essay competition winners:
Registered Technologist scientific poster presentation winners:
First Place – Christina Gregg, Tammy Jones, Ellie Miller, “Teamwork: Interprofessional Education for the Imaging Science Profession”
Second Place – Lisa Bartenhagen, Jana Koth & Jim Temme, “A Preparatory Educational Program for Pediatric Patients Utilizing a Virtual Environment Radiation Therapy Training (VERT)”
Third Place – Tanya Custer, Christina Gregg & Kim Michael, “Imaging the Transgender Patient”
Register Technologist/Full time student scientific poster presentation winners:
First Place – Samantha Ballard & Kacey Beason (RTT), The Use of Three-Dimensional Printing in Radiation Oncology: Patient Specific Bolus Fabrication
Second Place – Jessica Heithoff (MRI), Chiari Malformations
Third Place – Morganne Cernick (MRI), Breast Cancer: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Monitoring with Imaging Modalities
Student scientific poster presentation winners:
First Place – Emily Johnson, “Supine Versus Prone: An Examination of Advantages and Disadvantages in Positioning Breast Radiotherapy”
Third Place – Ellie Brouilette, “Neurofibromatosis Type 1: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Radiologic Imaging”