The latest issue of the McGoogan Library of Medicine’s newsletter, Connected, is now available. The full issue can be downloaded here or you can peruse specific articles through the links below.
The library will close at 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 20 due to a water shut-off in Wittson Hall.
- ACSM’s guidelines for exercise testing and prescription American College of Sports Medicine ; senior editor, Linda S. Pescatello ; associate editors, Ross Arena, Deborah Riebe, Paul D. Thompson. WE 103 A512g 2013
- AJCC cancer staging atlas edited by Carolyn C. Compton … [et al.] QZ 241 A512a 2012
- Bergin and Garfield’s handbook of psychotherapy and behavior change edited by Michael J. Lambert J. WM 420 B495 2013
- The cell: a molecular approach Geoffrey M. Cooper, Robert E. Hausman. QH 581.2 C776c 2013
- Cell and molecular biology: concepts and experiments Gerald Karp. QH 581.2 K18c 2013
- Clinical chemistry: principles, techniques, and correlations Michael L. Bishop, MS, MLS(ASCP)CM, Edward P. Fody, MD, Larry E. Schoeff, MS, MT(ASCP) QY 90 C6413 2013
- A clinical guide to the treatment of the human stress response George S. Everly, Jr., Jeffrey M. Lating. QZ 160 E93c 2013
- Clinically oriented anatomy Keith L. Moore, Arthur F. Dalley II, Anne M.R. Agur. QS 4 M822c 2014
- Cosmetic surgery: art and techniques Melvin A. Shiffman, Alberto Di Giuseppe, editors. WO 600 C8347 2013
- Crush step 3 CCS: the ultimate USMLE step 3 CCS review Mayur K. Movalia. WB 18.2 M9351c 2013
- Cultural diversity in health and illness Rachel E. Spector. WA 30 S741c 2013
- Diagnostic imaging: Interventional procedures [edited by] T. Gregory Walker. WN 39 D5364 2013
- Dysphagia assessment and treatment planning: a team approach Rebecca Leonard, PhD and Katherine A. Kendall, MD. WI 250 D998 2014
- Economics of health and medical care Lanis Hicks. W 74 J17e 2014
- Establishing, managing and protecting your online reputation: a social media guide for physicians and medical practices by Kevin Pho and Susan Gay. W 85 P574e 2013
- Foundations of psychological testing: a practical approach Leslie A. Miller, Robert L. Lovler, Sandra A. McIntire. BF 176 M6471f 2013
- Fundamental neuroscience for basic and clinical applications edited by Duane E. Haines ; contributors, M.D. Ard … [et al] ; illustrators, M.P. Schenk, W.K. Cunningham ; photographer, G.W. Armstrong ; computer graphics, C.P. Runyan ; typist, L.K. Boyd. WL 101 F981 2013
- Guide to clinical documentation Debra D. Sullivan. W 80 S9493g 2012
- Handbook of clinical psychopharmacology for therapists John D. Preston, PsyD, ABPP, John H. O’Neill, MD, and Mary C. Talaga, RPh, PhD. QV 39 P938h 2013
- Health assessment & physical examination Mary Ellen Zator Estes, family nurse practitioner in internal medicine, Fairfax, Virgina and nursing consultant, Vienna, Virginia. WY 100.4 H433 2014
- Health care politics, policy, and services: a social justice analysis Gunnar Almgren, PhD. W 84 AA1 A448h 2013
- Human genetics and genomics Bruce R. Korf, Mira B. Irons. QZ 18.2 K84h 2013
- Johns Hopkins patients’ guide to colon and rectal cancer Nita Ahuja, Brenda S. Nettles. WI 529 A287c 2013
- Laboratory and diagnostic tests with nursing implications Joyce LeFever Kee. QY 4 K26L 2013
- Lippincott’s concise illustrated anatomy Ben Pansky, Thomas R. Gest. WE 17 P196
- Mayo Clinic cardiology: concise textbook editors-in-chief, Joseph G. Murphy, Margaret A. Lloyd ; associate editors, Peter A. Brady, Lyle J. Olson, Raymond C. Shields. WG 18.2 M473 2013
- Meeting the needs of student users in academic libraries: reaching across the great divide Michele J. Crump and LeiLani S. Freund ; with contributions from Steven Carrico … [et al.] Z 718.7 C9565m 2012
- Mosby’s Diagnostic and laboratory test reference Kathleen Deska Pagana, Timothy J. Pagana. QY 39 P128m 2013
- Obstetrics and gynecology American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) ; with Charles R.B. Beckmann … [et al.]. WP 140 Ob14 2014
- Oxford textbook of spirituality in healthcare edited by Mark Cobb, Christina M. Puchalski and Bruce Rumbold. BL 65 Ox982 2012
- Personality disorders and the five-factor model of personality edited by Thomas A. Widiger and Paul T. Costa Jr. WM 15 P467 2013
- Phlebotomy: a competency-based approach Kathryn A. Booth, Lillian Mundt. WB 381 B7251p 2013
- Phlebotomy simplified Diana Garza, Kathleen Becan-McBride. WB 381 G245p 2013
- Podrid’s Real-world ECGs: a master’s approach to the art and practice of clinical ECG interpretation [editors] Philip Podrid, Rajeeve Malhotra, Rahul Kakkar, Peter A. Noseworthy. WG 140 P7428 2013
- Postpartum depression Jacqueline Langwith, book editor. WQ 500 P8587 2012
- Principles and practice of mechanical ventilation editor, Martin J. Tobin. WF 145 P957 2012
- Qualitative research methods Pranee Liamputtong. W 20.5 L693q 2013
- Sexually transmitted infections and sexually transmitted diseases Gerd Gross, Stephen K. Tyring, (editors). WC 140 S5189 2011
- Taking sides. Clashing views on bioethical issues selected, edited, and with introductions by Gregory E. Kaebnick. WB 60 T1367 2014
- Textbook of clinical pediatrics Abdelaziz Y. Elzouki … [et al.] (editors). WS 100 T3558 2012
- Unipac 8: caring for pediatric patients Sarah Friebert, Kimberly A. Bower, Britni Lookabaugh ; reviewed by Nancy Hutton ; edited by C. Porter Storey Jr. WB 310 F8991u 2012
The library will be closed on the following days for Memorial Day weekend.
Sunday, May 26
Monday, May 27
As always, our website is open 24/7.
Starting May 12 and continuing until August 25, the library will be open during the following hours:
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Saturday, 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Sunday, 1:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.