Deadlines: June 22, 2020 and September 4, 2020
Link to RFP
LEO Foundation ‘Open competition grants’ are given to support the best dermatology research projects worldwide. Thus, we welcome applications from research projects that:
- Improve the understanding of the underlying medicinal, biological, chemical, or pharmacological mechanisms of dermatological diseases and their symptoms
- Address clinical issues among people who are at risk of developing, or have developed, a skin disease, including how it impacts their quality of life and the societal costs involved
LEO Foundation Strategic grant recipients can apply for Open competition grants
The LEO Foundation’s Board of Trustees has established a formal evaluation process with a panel of national and international external experts to assist the Board in ensuring that our grants are given to the best projects and the most qualified applicants.
The LEO Foundation requests that results from the research funded by the Foundation are shared with the public, patients and healthcare professionals – for example through publication in peer-reviewed journals, oral presentations, or public awareness campaigns.
- Download the Application Guide from the “Apply for a grant” section above to the right to get detailed instructions on how to apply. Then click the link “Apply here” to access the online application system. If this is the first time you are using the system you will need to create a new user account
- Once you have completed all mandatory user fields you will be eligible to apply for any open call(s)
- Read the guide thoroughly and complete your application accordingly, using English language, ensuring that all mandatory fields are filled in, and that you comply with our guidelines
- Once your application is submitted you will receive initial confirmation that we have received it. You may subsequently be requested to submit revisions
- When the deadline for the applied call is reached, your application will be screened for mandatory requirements and if approved, assigned for review by the LEO Foundation Scientific Evaluation Committee (SEC) (see the members below) using the criteria and scoring guide shown in the Application Guide
- Based on the evaluations by the Scientific Evaluation Committee the LEO Foundation Board of Trustees approves allocation of all grants. If and when approved, you will be notified, and your project is assigned a dedicated contact person who will contact you for next steps
- All applicants receive an answer to their application by e-mail. The Foundation does not provide arguments as to why an application has been rejected,but provides a few statistics about the application review and the round in general
- A list of awarded grants including names of the recipients and project titles are published here
All applications are administratively screened for formal requirements. The applications that are accepted undergo SEC review according to the criteria and scoring guide shown in the Application Guide here.
Each designated SEC member submit an individual evaluation to the LEO Foundation and following consolidation of the input from the SEC members, the Foundation’s Board of Trustees makes the final decision.