Deadline extended to: March 20, 2020 at 11:59 PM (China time)
2020 grant funding opportunities offered by the Milstein Medical Asian American Partnership (MMAAP) Foundation to support top researchers and physicians dedicated to advancing medicine and improving health in the following four areas:
- Geriatric Medicine and Aging Research, under the Irma and Paul Milstein Program for Senior Health
- Translational Medicine
- Stem Cell Research and Regenerative Medicine
In each of these areas, we offer one Fellowship Award and one Project Award. The Fellowship Award provides $85,000 to support one-year of training for a promising scholar from mainland China at a sponsoring institution in the US, with $60,000 to support the fellow and $25,000 to cover research and related expenses to be distributed to the sponsoring US institution. The Project Award provides $60,000 to support one new or ongoing research project conducted in China with a US partner institution that will potentially have an immediate impact on clinical care in China, with $50,000 distributed to the awarded Chinese institution and $10,000 to a US partnering institution.
The submission deadline is Monday, February 3, 2020 at 11:59 PM (China time). The funding should be used solely for the applied research project and any unspent funds should be returned to MMAAP Foundation. Applications will be reviewed by independent panels of experts in both China and the US. Awards will be announced in mid 2020.
The 2020 grant application guidelines can be downloaded from the bilingual website at https://www.mmaapf.org/en/grants/.
- 2020 Geriatrics Fellowship Award Grant Guideline and 2020 Geriatrics Research Project Award Grant Guideline
- 2020 Dermatology Fellowship Award Grant Guideline and 2020 Dermatology Research Project Award Grant Guideline
- 2020 Translational Medicine Fellowship Award Grant Guideline and 2020 Translational Medicine Research Project Award Grant Guideline
- 2020 Stem Cell Research and Regenerative Medicine Fellowship Award Grant Guideline and 2020 Stem Cell Research and Regenerative Medicine Research Project Award Grant Guideline
I hope that you will reach out to your contacts who collaborate with colleagues in the respective fields in China and encourage them to apply. We also work closely with applicants, to the best of our ability, in identifying US institutions and their academic leaders who would like to partner with Chinese applicants to apply for these awards. Please contact Tianyi Wang, Project Manager, at (212) 850-4505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.