Deadline: January 31, 2020
The L’Oréal USA For Women in Science fellowship program honors female scientists at a critical stage in their careers with grants of $60,000 each. Since 2003, we’ve awarded 80 postdoctoral women scientists over $4 million in grants. We’re seeking five exceptional female scientists looking to advance their research and serve as role models for the next generation of girls in STEM.
Candidates are selected from a variety of fields including the life and physical/material sciences, technology (including computer science), engineering, and mathematics. Candidates must have completed their PhD and have started in their postdoctoral position by the application deadline.
The application and more information about the L’Oréal USA For Women in Science program can be found at www.lorealusa.com/forwomeninscience.
- In order to be eligible for the fellowship, a candidate must have a Ph.D. degree that was conferred on or before February 1, 2020.
- Candidates holding a Ph.D., D.P.H., or Sc.D. are eligible to apply. Candidates exclusively holding any other degree, including M.D. and D.V.M., are not eligible.
- Applicants must be American citizens (born or naturalized) or permanent residents (green card holders). Unfortunately, visa holders are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be affiliated with a U.S.-based academic or research institution. International travel for research collection purposes is acceptable, but the research must be primarily conducted or analyzed within the U.S. or a U.S. territory.
- The research described in the applicant’s Research Proposal must be involved in the life, physical/material sciences, engineering, technology, computer science and/or mathematics fields. (please see the application for a full list of eligible areas of study and sub-fields)
- No. Applicants who hold faculty positions are not eligible. Only candidates in full-time postdoctoral
positions are eligible to apply.
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org