Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Researchers, as well as practitioners in the public and private sector working with researchers, are eligible to submit proposals through their organizations. See data provider descriptions in the CFP for specific eligibility criteria.
- Projects may be generated from disciplines including health services research; economics; sociology; program evaluation; political science; public policy; public health; public administration; law; business administration; or other related fields. Use of the data under this CFP is restricted to noncommercial purposes.
- Preference will be given to applicants that are either public entities or nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are not private foundations or Type III supporting organizations. The Foundation may require additional documentation.
- Applicant organizations must be based in the United States or its territories.
Call for proposals released.November 9, 2018 (1:30–3:00 p.m. ET)
Prospective applicant informational webinar. The recording is now available here.
December 14, 2018 (3 p.m. ET)
Deadline for receipt of brief proposals.
February 22, 2019
Applicants notified whether invited to submit full proposals.
April 5, 2019 (3 p.m. ET)
Deadline for receipt of full proposals.
July 22, 2019
Notification of finalists.
September 15, 2019
- Successful applicants will be given access to the selected dataset at no cost to the grantee.
- No financial awards of any kind, including salary support, will be given under this CFP.
- Data access will accommodate studies of up to 12 months.
- We anticipate awarding up to nine projects using HCCI data; up to six projects using OptumLabs data; up to six projects using CareJourney data; and up to five projects using athenahealth data.