FY18 PRMRP Program Announcements and General Application Instructions for the following award mechanism is posted on Grants.gov
As directed by the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs, the Defense Health Agency (DHA) J9, Research and Development Directorate, manages the Defense Health Program (DHP) Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) appropriation. The managing agent for the anticipated Program Announcements/Funding Opportunities is the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP).
Congressionally Directed Topic Areas. All applications submitted to the PRMRP must address at least one of the FY18 PRMRP Congressionally directed topic areas.
Topic Areas are as follows:
The mission of the PRMRP is to encourage, identify, and select military health-related research of exceptional scientific merit. Relevance to the healthcare needs of military Service members, Veterans, and their family members is a key feature of each FY18 PRMRP award mechanism.
Clinical Trial Award
- Assistant Professor level or above (or equivalent)
- Preproposal submission is required; application submission is by invitation only.
- Supports the rapid implementation of clinical trials of novel interventions with the potential to have a significant impact on patient care in the topic area(s) of interest.
- Proposed projects may range from small proof-of-concept trials through large-scale, definitive trials.
- Investigational New Drug or Investigational Device Exemption applications, if needed, should be submitted to the Food and Drug Administration by the PRMRP application submission deadline.
- Funding limit not defined; requested funding must be appropriate for the scope of work proposed
- Maximum period of performance is 4 years
A pre-application is required and must be submitted through the electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP) at https://eBRAP.org prior to the pre-application deadline. All applications must conform to the final Program Announcements and General Application Instructions available for electronic downloading from the Grants.gov website. The application package containing the required forms for each award mechanism will also be found on Grants.gov. A listing of all CDMRP funding opportunities can be obtained on the Grants.gov website by performing a basic search using CFDA Number 12.420.
Applications must be submitted through the federal government’s single-entry portal, Grants.gov.. For email notification when Program Announcements are released, subscribe to program-specific news and updates under “Email Subscriptions” on the eBRAP homepage at https://eBRAP.org. For more information about the PRMRP or other CDMRP-administered programs, please visit the CDMRP website (http://cdmrp.army.mil).
Point of Contact:
CDMRP Help Desk