Application Deadline: 5:00 PM on Monday, October 9, 2017
The Otis Glebe Medical Research Foundation, which awards grants to projects focused on translational research, is now open for applications. Projects of particular interest will be those that emphasize the translation of laboratory findings to clinical practice and those that facilitate the application of research findings to the community to enhance the adoption of best practices.
All current UNMC faculty members are eligible to apply. Only one application is allowed per faculty member.
The Glebe Foundation anticipates that it will fund one grant of up to $88,000 for a one-year period.
- Indirect costs are not allowed
- Salary for the Principal Investigator is not allowed
Application Submission Requirements
Proposals must be submitted in accordance with NIH application standards and should include:
- Face Page
- Lay Summary – avoid using scientific terms or abbreviations; the Glebe Foundation will rely heavily on this component of the application to finalize its funding decision
- Research Plan (PHS 398 Continuation Format Page, 3/2016 revision)
- Specific Aim(s) – one page limit
- Rationale, brief Experimental Design, and future funding plans – two page limit
- While preliminary data is not required, relevant data can be included within the two page limit
- Appendices will not be accepted
- Biosketch (NIH Biographical Sketch Format Page, 11/2016 revision)
- Must be submitted for the Principal Investigator
- More information on the current NIH biosketch format can be found here
- Budget forms and internal forms in ADIS are not required at the time of application
Applications may be submitted to SPAdmin as a PDF emailed to email@example.com.
Review Process: Proposals will be submitted to an internal committee of UNMC reviewers for initial consideration. Finalists are expected to prepare and present a brief summary of their proposal to the Otis Glebe Medical Research Foundation who will make the final selection. Funds will typically be available within one month of award notification.
Progress Report: A lay report of activity including any abstracts, manuscripts, patent applications, grant application or awards should be sent to SPAdmin by email no later than October 31, 2018 for later presentation to the Otis Glebe Medical Research Foundation.
Monday, October 09, 2017……Applications due to SPAdmin no later than 5pm; a PDF may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information:
- Otis Glebe Medical Research Foundation Program Guidelines 2017
- If you have questions, please contact Laura Wise, Coordinator, Sponsored Programs Administration, at 402-559-2051or email@example.com