Deadline: Friday, September 29, 2017
The Edna Ittner Pediatric Research Support Fund, which awards grants for the study of diseases and birth defects of children, is now open for applications.
All UNMC faculty members are eligible to apply. Priority will be given to requests from faculty members in the UNMC Department of Pediatrics Center if the number of scientifically meritorious requests exceeds available funds.
Up to $30,000 for a one-year period (November 1, 2017 to October 31, 2018)
- Indirect costs are unallowable
- Faculty salary is not allowed
Historically, the Ittner Trust has funded up to three grants annually.
Application Submission Requirements
The proposal must be submitted in accordance with NIH application standards. Applications should include:
- Face Page – does not need to be signed (PHS 398 Form Page 1, 3/2016 revision)
- Research Plan (PHS 398 Continuation Format Page, 3/2016 revision)
- Limited to five pages
- Specific Aim(s)
- Brief Experimental Design
- References (not included in the five-page limit)
- Preliminary data is not required and appendices will not be accepted
- Biosketch for Key Personnel (NIH Biographical Sketch Format Page, 11/2016 revision)
- More information on the current NIH biosketch format can be found here.
- Budget (PHS 398 Form Page 4, 3/2016 revision)
- Budget Justification (PHS 398 Continuation Format Page, 3/2016 revision)
Applications may be submitted to SPAdmin in one of two formats: 1) PDF emailed to email@example.com or 2) one original (unstapled) hard copy.
Friday, September 29, 2017 ……… Applications due to SPAdmin no later than 5pm
Wednesday, November 1, 2017…………. Awards announced by Review Committee
For more information: