Award Amount: $100,000
Pre-Application Deadline: July 28, 2015
Link to RFA
The goal of the FY15 LCRP is to eradicate deaths from lung cancer to better the health and welfare of military Service members, Veterans, their families, and the American public. As such, the LCRP will support and integrate research from multiple disciplines for risk assessment, prevention, early detection, diagnosis, and treatment for the control and cure of lung cancer.
FY15 LCRP Areas of Emphasis
To be considered for funding, applications for the FY15 LCRP Concept Award must address at least one of the seven Areas of Emphasis listed below:
- Identify or develop noninvasive or minimally invasive tools to improve the detection of the initial stages of lung cancer.
- Identify, develop, and/or build upon already existing tools for screening or early detection of lung cancer. Screening may include, but is not limited to imaging modalities, biomarkers, genetics/genomics/proteomics/metabolomics/transcriptomics, and assessment of risk factors.
- Understand the molecular mechanisms of progression to clinically significant lung cancer.
- Understand the molecular mechanisms that lead to various subtypes of lung cancer.
- Identify innovative strategies for prevention and treatment of early and/or localized lung cancer.
- Understand predictive and prognostic markers to identify responders and nonresponders.
- Understand susceptibility or resistance to treatment.