Deadline: Letter of Intent Required, due March 3, 2015
The program was developed to address the current concerns about an adequate funding base for postdoctoral fellows (MD, MD/PhD and PhD) who specifically direct their research towards translational findings and who will demonstrate how their research will have direct benefits to human aging. Postdoctoral fellows at all levels of training are eligible. Up to ten one-year fellowships will be awarded. The award levels range from $49,000 to $60,000, based on years of relevant experience.
- The applicant must be a postdoctoral fellow (MD and/or PhD degree or equivalent) at the start date of the award (October 1, 2015).
- The proposed research must be conducted at any type of not-for-profit setting in the United States.
- Individuals who are employees in the NIH Intramural program are not eligible.
- Applicants who have received postdoctoral training beyond 5 years (before October 1, 2010) must provide a justification for the additional training period.
- Fellows may not hold any concurrent foundation, not-for-profit or government funding.
Former Ellison/AFAR and Glenn/AFAR postdoctoral fellowship awardees may apply if the criteria above are met.