Notice Number: NOT-OD-13-126
The Government Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 ended on September 30, 2013 at midnight EST and an Appropriation Act for FY2014 has not been passed leading to a lapse in Federal funding.
Issues impacting researchers are summarized below:
- Contact with NIH Staff. There will be no access to voice mail, e-mail, fax, or postal mail during this period
- Submission of Grant Applications. For the duration of the funding lapse, applicants are strongly encouraged not to submit paper or electronic grant applications to the NIH.
- Peer Review and Council Meetings. NIH will not conduct initial peer review meetings or conduct Advisory Council review meetings during the lapse.
- eRA Commons. eRA Commons will be unavailable during the lapse. Submissions and progress reports cannot be accepted.
- Awarded Grants. No NIH awards will be processed for the duration of the funding lapse.
- No-Cost Extension. No Cost Extensions cannot be submitted electronically during the lapse, grants due to expire that plan to be given a no-cost extension, will require a paper notification to the IC after operations resume.
- HHS Payment Management System. HHD PMS will remain open but no federal staff will be available to assist. Grants on a reimbursement basis or other restricted funds cannot be processed during the lapse.
- Animal Welfare. No activities associated with the OLAW mission will continue during the funding lapse. OLAW will extend reporting deadlines for all activities to compensate for the period of the lapse.
The entire notice may be read at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-13-126.html