Deadline: May 7, 2013
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and its funding partners in the Grand Challenges family of grant programs are inviting innovators to apply for three new grant opportunities:
1) Grand Challenges Explorations, an initiative to encourage innovative and unconventional global health and development solutions, is now accepting grant proposals for its latest application round. Applicants can be at any experience level; in any discipline; and from any organization, including colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organizations and for profit companies.
* The “One Health” Concept: Bringing Together Human and Animal Health for New Solutions – NEW
* Increasing Interoperability of Social Good Data – NEW
* Develop the Next Generation of Condom – NEW
* New Approaches for Detection, Treatment, and Control of Selected Neglected Tropical Diseases
* Labor Saving Strategies and Innovations for Women Smallholder Farmers
Initial grants will be US $100,000 each, and projects showing promise will have the opportunity to receive additional funding of up to US $1 million. Full descriptions of the new topics and application instructions are no longer available.