Jennifer Larsen, MD, Vice Chancellor for Research, will lead a virtual grant writing “bootcamp” from 8 AM to 11 AM on Friday, November 6, 2020.
New and early-stage investigators, as well as students and administrators, must register online through NuRamp for this event, a confirmation email with the zoom link will be sent to registrants.
The boot camp will give attendees a broad overview and the basics of grant writing, with a focus on helping early investigators who are just beginning to apply for federal funding.
Topics discussed throughout the morning will include:
- Finding and using resources for grant preparation and submission;
- A review of common grant elements;
- Principles of good grant-writing and grantsmanship;
- Understanding grant budget basics; and
- Timelines and required processes.
Speakers will include:
- Jennifer Larsen, M.D., vice chancellor for research;
- Howard Fox, M.D., Ph.D., professor and senior associate dean for research, College of Medicine; and
- Bethany DeCarolis, assistant director of sponsored programs administration.
Contact Max Kuenstling, with any questions related to this event.