The Nebraska Coalition for Lifesaving Cures (NCLC) is soliciting nominations for the Dr. Harold M and Beverly Maurer Scientific Achievement Award. The award was established by the NCLC Board to recognize a University of Nebraska Scientist or Clinician who shows special merit or promise in research topics or treatment areas that will lead to improvements in the health of Nebraskans and people around the world. Nominees can be submitted on behalf of faculty from any University of Nebraska Campus. The recipient will be selected by a committee of University of Nebraska Faculty and administrators and NCLC Board members. This award will be presented at the NCLC Luncheon on Monday, April 29, 2019. the criteria for the award are as follows:
- Nominees should be mid-career, full-time faculty with demonstrated original research or clinical excellence.
- The subject area of research or treatment is broad but should have the potential to lead to new lifesaving cures.
- Evidence demonstrating research or clinical excellence may include, but is not limited to, publications, extramural funding, invited presentations at national or international meetings, participation in clinical trials, consulting on major government panels, serving as an integral member/leader of a team that is recognized as providing treatment at the forefront of a clinical area or other similar achievements.
- Nominations may only be submitted by deans, chairs, section chief,s directors and other senior University of Nebraska leaders.
- The recipient will be expected to attend the annual luncheon on April 29, 2019 to receive their award including a $10,000 check made payable to the winner’s laboratory.
Nominations should include a detailed letter from the nominator clearly describing the contributions and potential of the nominee’s work that leads to new lifesaving cures and a supporting letter from any individual who serves as a seconder of the nomination. Include a current CV with the nomination. Additional letters of recommendation or support are not requested and will not be considered by the committee.
Please submit nominations electronically as PDFs to:
Dr. James Turpen, Professor Emeritus
Selection Committee Chair
The deadline for receipt of nominations is February 22, 2019.