This is a reminder that the application deadline for Grand Challenges Explorations is fast approaching. Please see below for details.
Grand Challenges Explorations, an initiative to encourage innovative and unconventional global health and development solutions, is now accepting grant proposals for its latest application round. Applicants can be at any experience level; in any discipline; and from any organization, including colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organizations, and for-profit companies.
Two-page proposals are being accepted online until May 13, 2015, 11:30 A.M U.S. Pacific Day Light Time on the following topics:
- Addressing Newborn and Infant Gut Health Through Bacteriophage-Mediated Microbiome Engineering
- Explore New Ways to Measure Delivery and Use of Digital Financial Services Data
- Surveillance Tools, Diagnostics and an Artificial Diet to Support New Approaches to Vector Control
- New Approaches for Addressing Outdoor/Residual Malaria Transmission
- New Ways to Reduce Childhood Pneumonia Deaths Through Delivery of Timely Effective Treatment
• Enable Merchant Acceptance of Mobile Money Payments Initial grants will be US $100,000 each, and projects showing promise will have the opportunity to receive additional funding of up to US $1 million. Full descriptions of the new topics and application instructions are no longer available.