UNMC College of Public Health Grand Rounds
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
“Be Ready, It Can Happen!”
Mary Jo (Jodie) Thompson, Providence Medical Center
- Understand the time line of events leading up to the EF4 tornado and the hospital response.
- Be aware of Providence Medical Center’s Incident Action Plan for response to a tornado.
- Evaluate lessons learned from the After Action Review and Improvement Plan and assess the need to implement changes in their own facilities.
“FEMA Disaster Number: 4156 – What’s Behind the Number?”
Kim Schultz, Northeast Nebraska Public Health Department
- Understand the role and response of the Northeast Nebraska Public Health Department during the Wayne Tornado emergency event and recovery.
- Identify the public health preparedness capabilities linked to the Wayne Tornado emergency event and recovery.