10/28/20– ZOOM Meeting Room, 5:30pm
1. Call to Order: 5:30
2. Roll Call
Tom Schroeder, Lauren Greufe, Wyatt Andersen, Austin Clark, Phil Covington, Kyrsten Vance, Hannah Lund, Aishwarya Bapat, Skyler Maclean, Dan Novinski, Hannah Tandon, Antony Stephenson, Linda Huynh, Aubree Ford, Pranita Atria, Addison Thonen, Ali Poeppel, Brady Cab, Caleb McGowan, College of Dentistry, Erin Johnson, Garrett’s (?), Grayson Rogers, James V, Jayce Cameron, Jessica Deterding, Linda My Huynh, Megan O’Driscoll, Naomi Dan Karami, Payton Allen, Rebecca Sehnert, Ryan Vocelka, Samuel Johnson, Shaker Dukkipati, Taylor Kratochvil, Wes Ernst
3. Guest Speakers
- Taylor Thiemann: “Skin Smart” campus presentation
- Goal is to have a Memo of Understanding
- This would be something that we could bring forward and then would need to request that the chancellor sign.
4. Approval of Minutes
Minutes approved 5:41; motion by Lauren Greufe and seconded by Austin Clark
5. Advisor’s Report
- 1-Check UNMC app
- Android version released
- We are working hard to increase daily usage from all students, faculty, and staff, including those not physically present on one of our five campuses.
- Conversations ongoing about initiating compliance checks on campus
- Went from 2% compliance to 10% compliance on Monday
- Headaches, might eliminate students from completing the form due to relatively commonplace symptom.
- IT Network Outage
- IT teams continue to work on recovery and restoration
- Information has been shared via UNMC Today regarding best options for data storage
- Communications Specialist has been hired and will begin on November 30
- Based upon that, current thought is to have the expanded versions of UNMC Vitals launch at the beginning of Spring 2021 semester.
6. Executive Council’s Reports:
- UNMC Student Senate Parking Passes
- Raffle via Vitals to encourage readership?
- Lauren Greufe
- Website redesign project with mStoner
- Focus group Friday 11 a.m.
- Discussion at BOR meeting
- Vice President:
7. Committee Reports
- Fee structure changing
- Academic Affairs:
- Mock interviews Nov 9-13th
- Currently only COM and COPH
- Lauritzen Garden Day
- 63 Students picked up tickets
- Thanks to Wyatt, Shaker and Emma for handing out tickets!!!
- Ice cream Social
- November 5th: 1:00-5:00
- Need volunteers
- Trivia Night
- November 18th
- BOSS Proposals Nov 7th
8. College Reports
- College of Allied Health:
- College of Dentistry:
- New reps
- College of Graduate Studies:
- College of Medicine:
- College of Nursing:
- College of Pharmacy:
- College of Public Health:
- Liaison Reports:
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Providing students with information on Wellness Apps that are free and available to use.
- Investing in a university-wide app that could be accessed through the UNMC App Store and downloaded on student’s phones for easy and quick access.
- Student Organizations and IDE
- Table talks proposal
9. New Business:
- Giving Tuesday
- Partnering with non-profit organization of choice
- 1st of December
- Will partner with for Nebraska AIDS Proejct for World AIDS day
- Ballot box for Douglas County available at Clarkson 42nd and Farnam
10. Old Business
- Activities committee and all those who helped distribute some good time with flowers and trees!
12. Adjournment: 7:02