Starting February 1st, firstname.lastname@example.org will be discontinued and all-student e-mail communications will be directed through UNMC Vitals, the weekly e-mail digest. See below for exact policy and guidelines.
Student Communication Policy
In order to streamline communications and maximize student involvement, Student Senate will follow the following policies for approval of all-campus e-mails.
Process for Submitting All-Campus Communications
In lieu of all-campus e-mails via the UNMC ListServ, a weekly digest called UNMC Vitals will be sent out each Sunday afternoon with a listing of campus events for the upcoming weeks. Organizations can submit their events/announcements to Vitals up to three weeks ahead of the event (ensuring that it will run in two total editions of UNMC Vitals). Submissions must be made by Friday at 8:00am to be included in the following week’s edition.
Events can be submitted to UNMC Vitals via one of two routes:
- Organizations can directly e-mail their event/announcement to the e-mail address email@example.com.
- Organizations can create a UNMC Engage event (unmc.campuslabs.com/engage). The event will be included in Vitals up to three weeks ahead of the event (published in Vitals at least two times before the event date).
Tips for Event Submission
- Include a UNMC Engage event link or an RSVP form so you are able to collect names of interested students. This will facilitate communication with attendees in the case of meeting location change or need for follow-up communication after an event.
- It is advantageous to submit an event through UNMC Engage because the event will automatically be added to the student organization event calendar housed in Engage.
- Interprofessional communication for student organizations and academies. An organization is one that has an approved application for Student Organizations on file at the Counseling and Student Development Office.
- Examples of approved uses include start up organizational meetings and events such as faculty-led discussions, fundraisers, guest speakers, movie showings and musical events, interprofessional student-funded events.
- Communications sent by UNMC administrative bodies.
- Examples include Public Relations, Parking, Bookstore, and Alumni Association.
- Emails containing advertisement of items for sale/rent including houses, books, etc. Utilize the classifieds on the UNMC Mobile App – http://www.unmc.edu/mobile/