The UNMC McGoogan Library of Medicine is pleased to share the March 2015 issue of the Focus on Friends e-newsletter.
In this issue:
- 3-D Printing Comes to McGoogan,
- The Instructional Design Librarian,
- Information about the 7th Annual Richard B. Davis Lecture on April 23,
- And more!
Click here to view the newsletter.
The latest issue of Focus on Friends, the newsletter of the Friends of the UNMC McGoogan Library of Medicine, is now available. This issue includes a message from the library director, stories on the library’s involvement in digital archiving and publishing, collaboration with the School of Allied Health Professions, and news from around the library.
What are the Friends?
“The Friends of the McGoogan Library are dedicated to preserving and enhancing the level of services for all of our users, understanding that, without supplemental funds, even the basics are difficult to sustain.” —–Leon S. McGoogan, M.D. (1900-1993)
Friends of the McGoogan Library of Medicine share a belief that the library is the heart of the educational, research and clinical accomplishments at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Started as an informal group in 1979 by Dr. Leon S. McGoogan, whose generous spirit was matched only by his commitment to excellence, the Friends group provides the extra support required to keep up with the complex demands on the library.
For more information about the Friends and to learn how to become a Friend of the Library, visit http://www.unmc.edu/library/about/friends.html.
The March 2014 issue of Focus on Friends, a newsletter for the Friends of the UNMC McGoogan Library, is now available. Articles include an introduction of the library’s new director, Emily McElroy, articles on the Wolfensberger collection, library statistics, and a treasure from the rare book rooms, and a save the date for the 6th annual Davis Lecture. Check the issue out here.
- A note from the director, Emily McElroy
- Subscription changes for 2014
- Personal study carrel pilot
- Open house draws crowd
- Charging stations now available
- Library classes announced
Printable version: ConnectedIssue7
- Note from the Interim Director, Marie Reidelbach
- New McGoogan Library director announced
- Announcing a new one-stop service desk
- Change to document delivery fees
- Where have all the journals gone?
- Ready for a new school year: books donated to Fontenelle
- Read journals on your tablet with Browzine
- New resources, just in time for Fall
- UpToDate mobile app
- Most cited journals of 2012
- RefWorks tips
Printable version: ConnectedIssue6