The library is sponsoring BrowZine, a new application that allows you to browse, read and monitor many of the library’s scholarly journals from your Android and iOS mobile devices. All in a format optimized for your tablet and smartphone! Built to accompany your searching needs, items found in BrowZine can easily be synced up with Zotero, Mendeley, RefWorks, Dropbox or other services to help keep all of your information together in one place.
To learn more, please take a look at this short two-minute video: http://vimeo.com/75971786?autoplay=1
With BrowZine, you can:
– Browse and read journals: Browse journals by subject, easily review tables of contents, and download full articles
– Create your own bookshelf: Add journals to your personal bookshelf and be notified when new articles are published
– Save and export articles: Save articles for off-line reading or export to services such as DropBox, Mendeley, RefWorks, Zotero, Papers and more
To learn more and start using BrowZine today, visit http://unmc.libguides.com/browzine.
Getting started is easy! From your Android or iOS device, find BrowZine in the Apple App, Google Play or Amazon App store and download it for free. When initially launching BrowZine, select University of Nebraska Medical Center from the drop down list. Enter your UNMC Net ID. Start exploring BrowZine!
Clinical Pharmacology is now available for UNMC and Nebraska Medicine users to download on their iPhone and Android devices. The content is downloaded on to the device, so is available offline.
Clinical Pharmacology Mobile contains the following:
- Drug monographs both adult and pediatric
- Indications, including on and off label
- Contraindications and Precautions
- Drug Images
- IV compatibility
- Drug-drug interactions report
How to Access the New Clinical Pharmacology Mobile
- Download the Elsevier Clinical Pharmacology app at either the Apple or Android app store.
- If you already have a Clinical Pharmacology username and password, once the app is installed on your device, you may simply log in using your current username and password.
- If you do not have a Clinical Pharmacology username and password, please go to the Clinical Pharmacology home page and click on CP Mobile App to create your username and password, which you can use to log in to the Clinical Pharmacology mobile app.
For non-iPhone and Android users, the mobile web version of Clinical Pharmacology is still available and requires a code, which can be obtained from the library, in addition to the Clinical Pharmacology username and password.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-559-6221
AccessMedicine content is now available via a downloadable app for Apple and Android phones and tablets.
To get access to the app:
- Log in to AccessMedicine on a desktop or laptop computer via the library’s website (find the link under Quick Links –> Clinical Resources.
- Create a My Access account by clicking on the icon located on the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Download the app from your device’s app store and use your My Access account logon information to access content.
- Log in to your My Access account from a desktop or laptop computer every 90 days to retain access to the app.
AccessMedicine is available to all UNMC faculty, staff, and students. The other Access products are available via the mobile web.
The 2014 Physicians’ Desk Reference is available for download. The download is offered as both a desktop and mobile application and can be used offline or as a live, web-based reference.
However, Dailymed is also available online, as a free government supported resource. It’s a compilation of package inserts also but manufacturers don’t have to pay to be included so it includes most available generics.
Need to quickly charge your device and don’t have your charging cables? The library now provides quick charging stations, which are compatible with most phones and tablets. Cables include four sizes of Apple, 2 micro USB, and one mini USB. The charging stations are located at the library’s front desk on the 6th floor and in front of the Sorrell convenience store. Please note that the library is not responsible for lost or stolen devices or for technical malfunctions.