Starting late afternoon, December 31, the online journal and ebook search interfaces will be retired. Taking their place is the new library catalog, which will allow you to search for print and online materials all at once. A separate journal search will be available on the top menu bar on the library’s website.
On October 29, IT asked us to shut down the server that hosts the library’s catalog of books and electronic resources. From October 30 until further notice, you will not be able to check out any books or anatomical models. You will not be able to look in the library catalog to see if we own a print book, journal, or anatomical models. We will reach out to anyone who already has materials checked out to confirm when materials are due. We apologize for the short notice and inconvenience. Please contact Emily McElroy, Dean of McGoogan Health Sciences Library, with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.
Due to budget cuts, the McGoogan Library of Medicine has identified the resources below for cancellation. For the majority of the resources, access will be retained to content published during the subscribing years. New content can be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
Cancellations will go into effect January 2018.
If you would like to provide feedback on these planned reductions to the library’s collections, please send your comments to Alison Bobal at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2017.
- Alcohol and Alcoholism
- Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry
- Annual Review of Clinical Psychology
- Annual Review of Genetics
- Annual Review of Genomics and Human Genetics
- Annual Review of Nutrition
- Annual Review of Psychology
- Cambridge Quarterly of Health Care Ethics
- Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Hospitals
- Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Educause Review
- Experimental Biology and Medicine
- Frontiers In Bioscience
- International Psychogeriatrics
- JEMS: Journal of Emergency Medical Services
- Journal of Biochemistry
- Journal of Clinical Ethics
- Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine
- Journal of Public Health (Note: This is the Oxford publication, not the American Public Health Association title)
- Journal of Reproductive Medicine
- Library Journal
- Nebraska Medical Directory
- Nebraska Nurse
- Neonatal Network
- Oncology Nursing Forum
- USP Dictionary of USAN and International Drug Names
Have you ever found an interesting article online and were faced with a paywall? Now you can quickly find out if there is a version of the article, freely available. The Unpaywall browser extension, compatible with Chrome and Firefox, makes finding these versions quick and easy. It helps you identify open access articles, whether they are the final version of record or a pre or post print. Either way, you get the content for free. Read more about it in the Unpaywall FAQ.
As always, UNMC faculty, students, and staff can search the library’s online journals to access thousands of journals.