The online journal/ebook portal will be unavailable from 7:00 pm Friday, February 8 until 7:00 pm Saturday, February 9 while the vendor performances maintenance. During this time, you may access our ejournals and ebooks through the library catalog.
Due to budget cuts, the McGoogan Library of Medicine has identified the resources below for cancellation. For the majority of the resources, access will be retained to content published during the subscribing years. New content can be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
Cancellations will go into effect January 2018.
If you would like to provide feedback on these planned reductions to the library’s collections, please send your comments to Alison Bobal at email@example.com by October 31, 2017.
- Alcohol and Alcoholism
- Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry
- Annual Review of Clinical Psychology
- Annual Review of Genetics
- Annual Review of Genomics and Human Genetics
- Annual Review of Nutrition
- Annual Review of Psychology
- Cambridge Quarterly of Health Care Ethics
- Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Hospitals
- Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Educause Review
- Experimental Biology and Medicine
- Frontiers In Bioscience
- International Psychogeriatrics
- JEMS: Journal of Emergency Medical Services
- Journal of Biochemistry
- Journal of Clinical Ethics
- Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine
- Journal of Public Health (Note: This is the Oxford publication, not the American Public Health Association title)
- Journal of Reproductive Medicine
- Library Journal
- Nebraska Medical Directory
- Nebraska Nurse
- Neonatal Network
- Oncology Nursing Forum
- USP Dictionary of USAN and International Drug Names
Have you ever found an interesting article online and were faced with a paywall? Now you can quickly find out if there is a version of the article, freely available. The Unpaywall browser extension, compatible with Chrome and Firefox, makes finding these versions quick and easy. It helps you identify open access articles, whether they are the final version of record or a pre or post print. Either way, you get the content for free. Read more about it in the Unpaywall FAQ.
As always, UNMC faculty, students, and staff can search the library’s online journals to access thousands of journals.
Through the cooperation and funding assistance from the University of Nebraska Consortium of Libraries (UNCL), the McGoogan Library now has access to more than 3,700 journals from two major publishers: Wiley and Taylor & Francis. Funding for these high-impact, multi-disciplinary journal packages came from student library fees and one-time strategic investment funds from President Bounds.
UNCL is leading the University of Nebraska libraries to increase seamless access to information resources for teaching, learning, and research on all campuses and working to leverage purchasing power for the benefit of the system as a whole.
Our library also benefits from UNCL-funded resources that are of importance to the other campuses. Students and faculty can access the additional new resources funded from the incentive money provided by President Bounds. These include Bloomberg BNA, a database covering business and law news, Access World News, a resource that includes more than 9,000 international news publications and is updated daily, and the archives (1885-1983) of the Omaha World Herald.