Being able to effectively and efficiently search for meaningful literature is an important competency in academic health care settings. PubMed is an essential tool for locating relevant medical information on quality care, medical interventions, teaching and research. Teresa Hartman, MLS offers this session for faculty to explore approaches in searching PubMed for the greatest gains in the least time, maximizing success in research and scholarly activities.
- At the conclusion of this event, the participant should be able to:
- Format an effective search statement to use in PubMed
- Save collections and store search strategies to MyNCBI
- Create a relevant email alert to cover a current research topic
- Identify and utilize MeSH educational subheadings for effective searches using PubMed
- Access full-text literature sources through electronic means and through Interlibrary loan services
Register online or call 9-5929
Pre-registration is required. For UNMC faculty, there is no fee to attend this course (CIK 10427).
Complimentary lunch will be served at 11 AM with the course beginning shortly after.
Registration deadline: June 6, 2011