The library site will soon have a new look. In compliance with the updated campus web design, the new library site has a cleaner appearance and more streamlined navigation. Some items to note:
- The site is responsive and optimized for mobile browsers. This means that the lists of convenient links on the old site had to be eliminated since they are not easily readable on smaller screens.
- All of the content from the old site is still available. Check out our clickable pathfinder to see where old links map to new.
- The design for the new site is consistent with all UNMC sites across campus and has gone through extensive review by Public Relations.
Thanks for your patience as we make this transition. We hope that the new site will soon become an old friend to you in all of your scholarly activities.
BrowZine for iPhone is now available, dramatically expanding the ways your users can engage with BrowZine to find, read and follow their favorite journals!
With this new release, you have the option to create a BrowZine Account. If you have BrowZine installed on your iPhone and iPad, you may now “sync” your My Bookshelf contents. If you add a journal to My Bookshelf or clear a new article notification from your iPad, it will automatically appear on your iPhone.
Saved Article Limit Raised to 500
Based on popular demand, the Saved Article limit has been raised from 100 to 500 articles. BrowZine provides even more opportunity to browse now and read articles later.
Expanded My Bookshelf
For Android users, the My Bookshelf space has been expanded to 64 journals in 4 bookcases.
Thank you for your feedback on our Grammarly trial! Due to positive response, the library has subscribed to this resource.
Grammarly@EDU is an automated grammar tutor and revision tool for academic writing. A web-based application, Grammarly@EDU works one-on-one with a student to develop sentence-level writing skills, prevent plagiarism, and reinforce proper revision habits. Upload drafts of your writing assignments to Grammarly@EDU to receive immediate instructional feedback on over 100 points of grammar and double-check if all sources are properly cited!
Automated Grammar Tutor
Patent-pending technology identifies problem areas in student writing, and delivers instant instructional feedback on over 100 points of grammar.
Engaging user-interface transforms the revision of text into a learning session that is both structured and connected to students’ immediate writing challenges.
Originality detection technology allows students to check their own work for improper citation or potential plagiarism by comparing it against a database of 10+ billion documents.
The Department of Emergency Medicine and the library have partnered to bring AccessEmergencyMedicine to the UNMC campus. AccessEmergency Medicine provides medical students with a variety of resources needed to excel on their clerkship; assists residents in gaining instant access to videos, self-assessment, and leading emergency textbooks that will establish an important foundation for learning; enables clinical instructors to create, track and report their students’ progress through our Custom Curriculum tool; and allows practicing physicians to brush up on their medical knowledge when studying for their recertification exam.
Why is AccessEmergency Medicine unique?
AccessEmergency Medicine provides unique benefits that deliver indispensable support in resident education and clinical practice – through these exclusive interactive features:
- 20+ leading emergency medicine textbooks – A robust collection of the most current emergency medicine texts and pediatric references, including the world’s leading emergency medicine text, Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine.
- Online First: View Advanced Chapters from the upcoming Eighth Edition of Tintinalli’s exclusively on AccessEmergency Medicine – providing the reader with continuous access to the most updated EM content.
- 160+ procedural videos – The most complete collection of detailed emergency medicine and pediatric procedural videos online – designed to help users through basic and advanced skills procedures, brief interventions, and applications of decision rules.
- More than 10,000 high-quality images – An extensive library of images that includes common and uncommon clinical presentations and imaging studies of children and adults for quick diagnosis.
- Interactive Self-Assessment – More than 3,000 review Q&A designed to help residents, clerks, recertifying physicians and pediatricians prepare for exams.
- Integrated Drug Database – Look up dosing, indications, and adverse reactions quickly for more than 1,000 generic and brand-name drugs, and print out patient handouts available in both English and Spanish.
- Clerkship Corner – An invaluable resource that brings together all clerkship specific resources, including text references, case files, and videos on essential concepts and procedures clerks may observe or assist in during their rotation.
- Custom Curriculum – This powerful online tool helps ease the workflow for program directors by customizing and managing resident training from one convenient site. It also includes curricula built by AccessEmergency Medicine’s renowned advisory board, adaptable to your curriculum needs.
AccessEmergencyMedicine can be accessed from the library home page, the library mobile page, and the library’s a-z list. The ebooks in AccessEmergencyMedicine are available through any of these venues but will also be listed individually in the library’s ebooks a-z list and ultimately, the library catalog.
The library is pleased to announce that it is now able to subscribe to the complete library of Springer Journal titles. By joining the LYRASIS consortium, a group of libraries working together to find better pricing through group negotiation, McGoogan is now able to enter into this offer. Currently the library subscribes to 15 Springer titles. This journal package contains over 1700 titles. A full title list and description of the package deal can be viewed here.
The journals will be accessible through the library home page by searching in the catalog for a journal title or by searching under the ‘online journals’ tab.