If you’re looking for a private place to study, look no further than the 16 rooms in the McGoogan Library of Medicine. Located on the 7th floor, all of the rooms have good lighting, a table and chairs, white boards, and electrical outlets.
Here’s a few things to keep in mind when using the study rooms:
- Rooms check out for 4 hours at a time with 2 renewals.
- You must have your UNMC ID card to check out and to renew your rooms.
- If you don’t renew or return your key on time, overdue fines accrue at a rate of $1/hour.
- Wi-Fi is available in all of the rooms (and so the internet ports are no longer connected).
- Every room is a different temperature.
- The rooms are different sizes, to accommodate anywhere between one person and six people in a study group.
- The rooms are not soundproof, so although closing the door cuts down on noise, please be considerate when studying in groups.
- Markers, erasers, and white boards are available in every room–and some of the rooms have boards that take up two walls for extra notation space!
- Most of the rooms contain portraits of alumni or photographs donated by alumni.
- The doors lock automatically, so make sure you take your key with you!
Many students have memorized their favorite rooms and ask for them by number. If you don’t have a favorite room, check out the map below and this chart of room details.