The Department of Emergency Medicine and the library have partnered to bring AccessEmergencyMedicine to the UNMC campus. AccessEmergency Medicine provides medical students with a variety of resources needed to excel on their clerkship; assists residents in gaining instant access to videos, self-assessment, and leading emergency textbooks that will establish an important foundation for learning; enables clinical instructors to create, track and report their students’ progress through our Custom Curriculum tool; and allows practicing physicians to brush up on their medical knowledge when studying for their recertification exam.
Why is AccessEmergency Medicine unique?
AccessEmergency Medicine provides unique benefits that deliver indispensable support in resident education and clinical practice – through these exclusive interactive features:
- 20+ leading emergency medicine textbooks – A robust collection of the most current emergency medicine texts and pediatric references, including the world’s leading emergency medicine text, Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine.
- Online First: View Advanced Chapters from the upcoming Eighth Edition of Tintinalli’s exclusively on AccessEmergency Medicine – providing the reader with continuous access to the most updated EM content.
- 160+ procedural videos – The most complete collection of detailed emergency medicine and pediatric procedural videos online – designed to help users through basic and advanced skills procedures, brief interventions, and applications of decision rules.
- More than 10,000 high-quality images – An extensive library of images that includes common and uncommon clinical presentations and imaging studies of children and adults for quick diagnosis.
- Interactive Self-Assessment – More than 3,000 review Q&A designed to help residents, clerks, recertifying physicians and pediatricians prepare for exams.
- Integrated Drug Database – Look up dosing, indications, and adverse reactions quickly for more than 1,000 generic and brand-name drugs, and print out patient handouts available in both English and Spanish.
- Clerkship Corner – An invaluable resource that brings together all clerkship specific resources, including text references, case files, and videos on essential concepts and procedures clerks may observe or assist in during their rotation.
- Custom Curriculum – This powerful online tool helps ease the workflow for program directors by customizing and managing resident training from one convenient site. It also includes curricula built by AccessEmergency Medicine’s renowned advisory board, adaptable to your curriculum needs.
AccessEmergencyMedicine can be accessed from the library home page, the library mobile page, and the library’s a-z list. The ebooks in AccessEmergencyMedicine are available through any of these venues but will also be listed individually in the library’s ebooks a-z list and ultimately, the library catalog.