A preview site is available, along with a brief video tutorial.
With its new features and additional functionality, users can:
- see the table of contents for every topic from the search results list
- navigate directly to a topic subsection from the search results list
- navigate to sections and subsections within a topic from the table of contents
- quickly return to the search results list from with a topic
- search the text of a topic for a specific term or phrase
- create e-mail alerts to be notified when a topic is updated with new evidence OR “practice changing” evidence only
- easily filter the “Recent Updates” page to view by category OR to display topics that include articles rated as “practice changing” only
Other functionality and layout enhancements include:
- The new “Spotlight” area to the left on the home page will be frequently updated to highlight clinically relevant news and information.
- A “Search Other Services” area on the right of the home page will allow users to easily link from DynaMed to other resources.
- The most current update displays at the top of each topic with the option to display previous updates.
- Users will be able to filter the recent updates page to display topics that include articles rated as “likely to change clinical practice” by the McMaster network of physicians. (McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada is one of the Evidence-based Practice Centers as designated by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).)
- A spell checker suggests alternate search terms when the word/phrase entered contains a misspelling.
- DynaMed topic will include direct links within the topic text to relevant calculators such as MELD Score for End-Stage Liver Disease.
Keep in mind that DynaMed:
- is updated each day throughout the day
- provides the opportunity to obtain CMEs
- can be utilized from mobile devices (Contact the Reference Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 559-6221 to obtain an activation code)
DynaMed is available to all faculty, students, and staff at UNMC, The Nebraska Medical Center, and Bellevue Medical Center.