FirstConsult, a point-of-care clinical tool, recently released an app for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. The app downloads the FirstConsult information, making use easier when you do not have a network connection.
Currently, the app is available for free trial; however, with the McGoogan Library subscription, UNMC faculty, staff, and students can maintain access beyond the trial. For that sustained access, please follow these directions:
- If you do not already have an MDConsult personal account, log into MDConsult from a desktop or laptop computer and create one. The registration link is located near the upper right hand corner of the page. With this account, you can also access the mobile web version of MDConsult.
- With your MDConsult username and password, access the App Store on your device, search for FirstConsult, and download the app.
- The first time you access the app, you will be asked whether or not you have an account. Click the account option and log in with your MDConsult username and password.
- Please allow up to 30 minutes for the content to download on to your device. Subsequent updates will not take as long and you will be notified of them as you would your other app updates.
- Please note that in order for your MDConsult account to remain active, you must log into the account via the library’s website on a desktop or laptop computer at least once every three months.