Starting July 1, the look and feel of the Order Articles forms on the McGoogan Library of Medicine’s Web site will change. The Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Department is excited to introduce its new ordering system, McGoogan Docs. Utilizing the ILLiad platform found at the other NU campuses, McGoogan Docs provides you with an integrated system for ordering and retrieving requests. McGoogan Docs is similar to the current system in that you access your account via username and password. There also are similar forms for requesting articles, books and book chapters. The similarities end there. With McGoogan Docs, you will be able to:
- Add multiple cost centers or billing methods to your account;
- Cancel or edit requests without having to contact the ILL staff;
- Specify your contact preference;
- Specify whether or not you actually want a non-English language article;
- Retrieve requested copies of articles and book chapters directly from your account, so you will know exactly which requests have been filled;
- Check the status of your request;
- Renew a loaned book without having to contact the ILL staff; and
- Review a list of all of your past requests.
Links to the new system on the library’s Web site will be changed the afternoon of June 30. To use the new system, you must create a new username and password. The username and password from the previous system will not be transferred, nor will past requests. This system is not integrated into the campus UNMC Net ID (e.g. Lotus Notes, Blackboard, etc.), but it is suggested that you use your Lotus Notes username when registering, as it is possible that one day McGoogan Docs may be able to use that logon information.
If you request items on the behalf of someone else, you will need to create a separate account for each individual that you order for. A single McGoogan Docs account cannot currently accommodate multiple aliases.
If you have any questions, contact Heather Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org or 559-7097) or Mary DeSive (email@example.com or 559-6839).