NE DHHS is seeking an American Indian Health Liaison
Examples of Work
- Manage contracts under the Native American Public Health Act (NAPHA) funding to ensure legislative priorities are met.
- Manage sub-awards under the Minority Health Initiative funding to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Provide technical assistance to NAPHA contractors, Minority Health Initiative grantees, Nebraska’s Federally Recognized Tribes and community based organizations who primarily serve tribal populations in Nebraska.
- Helps with State-Tribe public health policy, practice, communication, data, planning, and other issues.
- Develops, oversees, and manages contracts and grants funded by State, Federal, and other sources.
- Conduct sub-recipient monitoring to sub-grantees to ensure state and federal awards are used for authorized purposes.
- Conducts workshops/presentations regarding health status of minority populations working in liaison with other staff internal and external to Nebraska Health and Human Services System (NDHHS).
- Build networks among public health stakeholders, especially those within Tribal communities, asses needs, and provides recommendations to Office of Health Disparities and Health Equity for programming suggestions.
- Liaison with tribes, Native American organizations and the Nebraska Commission on Indian Affairs.
Continue reading “American Indian Health Liaison”
The state of New Mexico Department of Health in Santa Fe, NM is currently seeking individuals for three different Epidemiologist positions:
Healthcare Associated Infection Epidemiologist
Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Epidemiologist
The Chronic Disease Prevention and Control program (DHHS Division of Public Health, Health Promotion Unit) is hiring a Lifestyle Change Program Coordinator to plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate all pre-diabetes and high blood pressure lifestyle change program activities under two CDC grants. Continue reading “Lifestyle Change Program Coordinator”
Deadline: March 16th
The Program Coordinator serves under the administrative direction of the Program Manager for the Tobacco Free Nebraska (TFN) program within the Division of Public Health, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (NDHHS). The position works cooperatively within the TFN team and NDHHS to achieve tobacco goals/objectives for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of Smoking and Health grant. Continue reading “Tobacco Free Nebraska (TFN) Program Coordinator”
Deadline: February 13, 2017
The Texas Department of State Health Services is seeking an Epidemiologist III.
(Requisition number –345812) : Under limited supervision of the Manager for the Office of Surveillance, Evaluation and Research (OSER) within the Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Section (HPCDPS), performs advanced and senior-level epidemiological analysis and surveillance activities for the HPCDPS programs. Serves as Epidemiology Team lead for OSER. Oversees the initiation, planning and development of epidemiological projects related to chronic diseases and risk factors. Responsible for the implementation of policies and protocols to ensure completion of epidemiological projects and activities. Responsible for identifying and examining extant sources of data for chronic diseases. Oversees data collection and surveillance activities to ensure quality control. Assists the OSER Branch Manager and the HPCDPS Director in the coordination of epidemiological activities across the branch and section. Writes data and surveillance reports as required by internal and external management, and funding sources.
Click here to apply.