Piedmont Healthcare in Atlanta, GA is seeking to fill two positions for Manager Infection Prevention.
Responsible for day-to-day operations of the infection prevention function at assigned entity. Responsible for leading and driving safety and quality performance improvement initiatives to address trends and deficiencies in Infection Prevention as identified by the Surveillance and Analysis team and set by PHC QSS. Promotes a culture of continuous improvement in the reduction of infections through use of Lean methodology, coaching, tools, data analysis, reliability, sustainability and spread. Manages and supports a portfolio of strategic projects using the performance improvement model. Ensures all performance improvement activities are in compliance with regulatory and accreditation bodies.
1. Leads improvement teams in clinical and operational activities to drive performance excellence for CAUTI, CLABSI, MRSA, C-DIFF, SSI: Colon, Sepsis and other initiatives as directed and is accountable for results.
2. Manages day-to-day operations of the infection prevention function.
3. Monitors and analyzes data, including epidemiological results, identifies trends and risk related issues and reports recommendations.
4. Applies an epidemiological approach to problem solving in leading improvement teams.
5. Provides staff and physician interventions as appropriate, incorporating process improvement tools.
6. Coordinates staff and physician education related to infection prevention.
7. Provides guidance for the implementation of Evidence Based Medicine in quality initiatives and/or throughout the pathway program.
8. Assists with special projects.
9. Handoff improvements to operations as standard work and monitors spread across the system.
Continue reading “Manager, Infection Prevention”