The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Medicaid and Long Term Care, is seeking a Plan Management Administrator. The DHHS Administrator II is responsible for the administration and management of Nebraska Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) managed care delivery system, Heritage Health. This position will give you the opportunity to help Nebraskans’ live better lives! Apply today! Continue reading “Plan Management Administrator”
NE DHHS is seeking an American Indian Health Liaison
Examples of Work
- Manage contracts under the Native American Public Health Act (NAPHA) funding to ensure legislative priorities are met.
- Manage sub-awards under the Minority Health Initiative funding to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Provide technical assistance to NAPHA contractors, Minority Health Initiative grantees, Nebraska’s Federally Recognized Tribes and community based organizations who primarily serve tribal populations in Nebraska.
- Helps with State-Tribe public health policy, practice, communication, data, planning, and other issues.
- Develops, oversees, and manages contracts and grants funded by State, Federal, and other sources.
- Conduct sub-recipient monitoring to sub-grantees to ensure state and federal awards are used for authorized purposes.
- Conducts workshops/presentations regarding health status of minority populations working in liaison with other staff internal and external to Nebraska Health and Human Services System (NDHHS).
- Build networks among public health stakeholders, especially those within Tribal communities, asses needs, and provides recommendations to Office of Health Disparities and Health Equity for programming suggestions.
- Liaison with tribes, Native American organizations and the Nebraska Commission on Indian Affairs.
Continue reading “American Indian Health Liaison”
Deadline: LOI 3/15/17; Proposal 4/17/17
The Buffett Institute is accepting applications from advanced doctoral students within the University of Nebraska system for 1- or 2-year fellowships worth up to $25,000 annually. Continue reading “Buffett Early Childhood Institute Graduate Scholars program”
See the document below for the full job announcement for multiple tenure-track open rank faculty positions in the Program in Public Health at Stony Brook University.
Salary is competitive, it is a good work environment, and Long Island is a picturesque place to live and to raise a family. Candidates from under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in applying, please follow this link: http://naples.cc.sunysb.edu/Admin/CampusJob.nsf/369e5b5c664750f98525797b00567353/0ff7364112a69cc08525804c005a1c84?OpenDocument
Or from www.stonybrook.edu/jobs , click faculty jobs a health science and medical center faculty positions and search for Program in Public Health.
Review of applications is ongoing.
A fellowship opportunity is currently available with the Prevention Research and Translation Branch of the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia.
NCBDDD’s mission is to promote the health of babies, children and adults and enhance the potential for full, productive living. Joining the Prevention Research and Translation Branch, the participant will collaborate with the “Learn the Signs. Act Early.” (LTSAE) (www.cdc.gov/ActEarly) team.
View the full program description and instructions for applying here.