The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Medicaid and Long Term Care, is seeking a Plan Management Administrator. The DHHS Administrator II is responsible for the administration and management of Nebraska Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) managed care delivery system, Heritage Health. This position will give you the opportunity to help Nebraskans’ live better lives! Apply today! Continue reading “Plan Management Administrator”
NE DHHS is seeking an American Indian Health Liaison
Examples of Work
- Manage contracts under the Native American Public Health Act (NAPHA) funding to ensure legislative priorities are met.
- Manage sub-awards under the Minority Health Initiative funding to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Provide technical assistance to NAPHA contractors, Minority Health Initiative grantees, Nebraska’s Federally Recognized Tribes and community based organizations who primarily serve tribal populations in Nebraska.
- Helps with State-Tribe public health policy, practice, communication, data, planning, and other issues.
- Develops, oversees, and manages contracts and grants funded by State, Federal, and other sources.
- Conduct sub-recipient monitoring to sub-grantees to ensure state and federal awards are used for authorized purposes.
- Conducts workshops/presentations regarding health status of minority populations working in liaison with other staff internal and external to Nebraska Health and Human Services System (NDHHS).
- Build networks among public health stakeholders, especially those within Tribal communities, asses needs, and provides recommendations to Office of Health Disparities and Health Equity for programming suggestions.
- Liaison with tribes, Native American organizations and the Nebraska Commission on Indian Affairs.
Continue reading “American Indian Health Liaison”
The Chronic Disease Prevention and Control program (DHHS Division of Public Health, Health Promotion Unit) is hiring a Lifestyle Change Program Coordinator to plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate all pre-diabetes and high blood pressure lifestyle change program activities under two CDC grants. Continue reading “Lifestyle Change Program Coordinator”
NE DHHS is seeking a Community Health Educator, Senior. This position supports the grant outcomes around outreach and education for the HIV Prevention Grant. Some of the job responsibilities include planning and implementation of community health education and health promotion activities that comply with the grant goals and objectives. This position will organize and/or participate in workshops, institutes, forums, and discussion groups to promote HIV/AIDS education and programs within the Infectious Disease Area. Continue reading “Community Health Educator, Senior”
Deadline: March 16th
The Program Coordinator serves under the administrative direction of the Program Manager for the Tobacco Free Nebraska (TFN) program within the Division of Public Health, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (NDHHS). The position works cooperatively within the TFN team and NDHHS to achieve tobacco goals/objectives for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of Smoking and Health grant. Continue reading “Tobacco Free Nebraska (TFN) Program Coordinator”