- Facilitate Hospital and Clinic strategic response to documented community health needs including: facilitating process to prioritize needs; design of evidence-based, measureable strategies; identifying key measures and evaluation methods; collecting and reporting of activities and data; monitoring progress; facilitating community partnerships; conducting research and grant writing; and other components as required to successfully execute Board-approved strategies.
- Lead and Facilitate Community Benefit Action Teams at designated hospitals to plan for, execute, monitor, and report on Community Benefit activities. Includes partnering with leadership (e.g., Hospital Presidents, CMOs, VPs of Patient Care Services, Community Boards, etc.) to engage effective teams and aligning with community engagement, government affairs, Strategy, and other organizational priorities and strategies
- Lead Community Benefit projects and Initiatives with community partners which may include project design, grant writing and management, granting community benefit investments, partnership development, contract management, and project management.
- Lead completion of tri-ennial Community Health Needs Assessments including engaging in community processes, integrating and reporting data from numerous sources, facilitating community input, writing reports, and ensuring all requirements as outlined by the IRS are met.
- Participate on behalf of CHI Health in local, State, and national health coalitions, work groups, non-profit efforts, etc. that help create an effective strategy for CHI Health to meet its Community Benefit goals and effectively address health needs in each of the communities CHI Health serves.
- Effectively execute annual IRS tax reporting, and other reporting and communications strategies through sourcing information from internal and external partners, data gathering and analysis, aligning with internal teams (e.g., government affairs, communications, PR, tax, foundation, etc.), and designing, synthesizing, editing, and distributing meaningful stories and reports
- Maintain expertise on public health trends, research, and priorities to support overarching CHI Health strategies to improve community health.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks effectively.
Minimum five years’ experience in public health, health care delivery leadership or community leadership with proven achievements in the domain of improving community health preferred.
Experience working with community leaders.
Significant experience in successful project management, with particular expertise in planning, facilitation, communication, data management and analysis, and community-based coalition building preferred.
Superior knowledge of community health needs related data sources and methods to gather, synthesize, and utilize primary data and community stakeholder input.
View the full job description and apply online here.