The Kansas Dept of Health and Environment is seeking an Immunization Program Epidemiologist. (will be supervised by a COPH Alumnae, and may be hybrid of in office and telework)
The position (K0242725) will conduct analyses of immunization data and assist in enhancing data quality in Kansas’ immunization information system. The specific duties of this position include:
•Design surveys, utilize and manipulate multiple data sources, and conduct analyses of COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccine data.
•Evaluate Kansas’ immunization information system (WebIZ) to enhance reporting and data quality to use as a source for immunization data.
•Assist in generating new data topics for display on COVID-19 vaccine dashboard and upload data to dashboard. Assist in creation of dashboard/data upload for other immunization data.
•Prepare reports of immunization data in both written and oral formats for internal and external partners.
•Provide technical assistance to local health departments and providers on immunization data as it relates to reporting issues of vaccine distribution and administration when needed.
•Serve as a liaison for the Bureau of Epidemiology and Public Health Informatics and the Bureau of Disease Control and Prevention (BDCP), and nationally the CDC and other external agencies on issues related to immunizations and WebIZ data quality. May provide epidemiologic support to other BDCP programs.
- MPH/MS degree
- Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- MPH/MS degree + knowledge of epidemiology
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail
- SAS, Epi-Info, SPSS, or other statistical packages
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with colleagues and outside partners
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to conduct comprehensive analyses on immunization data
- Ability to apply computers for the manipulation, analysis, and management of epidemiological data
- MPH/MS degree and two or more years of independent work as an applied epidemiologist.
- Knowledge of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) immunization schedules and familiarity of state immunization registries.
- Hourly Pay Range: $23.31-$27.61
* Salary can vary depending upon education, experience, or qualifications.
- Job Posting Closes: July 05, 2021
Job Posting Link: